Monday, December 6, 2010

If

Many people like the word “if”, though nearly none of us think that possible. But why do we still like that word?
    In fact, it’s easy to understand. Many of us want more than we can get. So there comes the word “if”. Do you think so? What’s more, we are more impetuous.
    When we were still little guys, we always had daydreams, dreaming that we would fly, dreaming that we would be the princes or the princesses, dreaming that we would grow to be adults faster and so on. So as simple-minded children, we used to use the word “if”. If I were a bird; if I were the superman; if I were the clouds in the sky; if…
    Wandering along the street, I always hear others say, “If I hadn’t believed the ads, I would have saved the money!” “Next time if I see such ads, I would never believe those again!” As I go on and on, I find that many of us always regret doing something. Why so? Because nowadays people always forget the saying that look before you leap. We are so impetuous that we seldom stop to think over another second of the thing we are going to do. As a result, we always regret that we haven’t thought things over clearly.
    So no more “if”, because we are no longer little children that always daydream and also our life is too short to sustain so many ifs. We have no time to regret.

No comments:

Post a Comment