Thursday, December 16, 2010

Lights out, my dear

Yu was stung by some vicious mosquitoes. My poor, poor little baby, his plump hands, his soft cheek and his little chin were all attacked, and to the worse, the place where mosquitoes bit were swollen now. Since one of these places was right under his left eye, and it was so swollen that he could barely open his eye. I could hardly bring myself to look at his miserable face. I was afraid that the mere sight of it would throw me into a murderous rage. I am not violent type but now I wanted to catch the mosquito, and I wanted to reach down its throat, grape its small intestines, pulled it out of its mouth and tied it around its neck… literally.
But Yu was still happy and adorable like usual. His small face split into a wide smile when he spotted me through the line he worked so hard to make with his eyes----which made it even more unbearable to look at. "Did you bite by mosquito?" I asked him. To reply my question, he reached his little hand---which was also red and swollen—for me to have a better look. ”Wu, wu…” he whimpered. And I wanted to cry. My mum felt even more terrible about it. Plus worries, she also felt guilt---as if it was her fault that she couldn’t protect yu from the mosquitoes attack. Thinking about it, I gulped down my tears and put a real good face on it. “You are a very brave baby, aren't you? Don’t be afraid, my dear.” I said and gave him a real hug.
Before we were out of the parking lot, Yu already fell asleep. That was a gift he had. He never had troubles in sleeping.  And no matter how excited he was, as soon as we got the car started, he would fell asleep within a few minutes. Lights out my son. Mummy promised you that tonight there would be no mosquito bothering you.

No comments:

Post a Comment